General Coordination Division of Department of Agriculture & Cooperation is entrusted with the following work
- Organizing the National level conference on Agriculture namely Rabi and Kharif.
- Matters relating to compilation and distribution of Annual Report.
- Issue of passes for Republic Day parade/Independence Day Flag Hosting Ceremony within Department.
- General Coordination work relating to Zonal Council Meetings.
- General Coordination work relating to Parliament Questions on Organizational/Administrative/Miscellaneous matters (as distinct from specified subjects such as fertilizer, plant protection etc.) and also with which no Division is concerned or more than two Divisions are concerned.
- Processing of comments on Draft Cabinet Notes/EFC Memos etc. sent by other Ministries/Departments.
- Coordination work relating to Agriculture Department of the Union Territories.
- Matters relating to reservation for Scheduled Castes, Schedule Tribes and Backward Classes in Services including inspection of reservation rosters maintained by Department (Headquarters) as well as attached and subordinate officers, reservation for ex-servicemen and for physically handicapped persons.